2021 is upon us! This first month of the new year I will be taking over YAC’s social media accounts to share the agency world from my perspective.
Hopefully my name and face are becoming familiar to some of you as this is my third year as a member of the Michigan Young Agent’s Committee. If you are new to our group or social media pages, welcome! This year I am serving as the committee’s Vice Chair. I am thrilled to be helping Chair Katelyn Aitken Meyer with her goals for Young Agents across the state as well as with her chosen charity, Empowerment Plan’s coat initiative!
A bit about my path into the insurance industry:
- I started studying insurance courses during my senior year of high school (fall 2012)
- I continued to Olivet College where I majored in Insurance & Risk Management and Financial Planning
- While attending Olivet College I was awarded a scholarship form the Michigan YAs, which was the first domino in the chain of getting involved with the committee
- After graduating college I moved to Indiana and worked at an independent agency for almost two years
- Early 2018 I moved back to Michigan to be closer to family and started at My Member Insurance Agency in Saginaw, MI
- Summer 2018 I attended the YA Conference in Traverse City, MI. Shortly after I received a call from Lisa Lemanski asking if I’d be interested in becoming a committee member
- I joined the committee in late summer 2018
I wrote a blog post in February 2020 that has additional info about myself and a more detailed explanation of how I ended up in the insurance industry. If interested, visit the post here: http://www.miyac.org/blogs/leah-robinson1/2020/02/10/-leah-robinson
The Committee works hard to bring relevant professional and personal development opportunities to every event we host. Our events, even the virtual ones, are a great place to network! Staying connected through these events was such a great help for me during 2020. There were people I was able to meet or catch up with that I would not have seen otherwise. Virtual and in person events with the YAs are great for creating and fostering industry relationships!
Did you hear the Young Agents are hosting a virtual escape room on January 27th!? Check out our Facebook page for more details, or click here for the registration form: https://secure.michagent.org/ya/YA_Virtual_Escape_Room.pdf?fbclid=IwAR12dwvxj3HcoiV7WIxdTsJRw9zHpY-_bsKLwZ31qSXNmAwoPkSnYrNr9Nk
I am excited to share with you this month! Please email me at email@example.com if there are any Young Agent, general insurance industry, or agency-specific topics you’re interested in seeing!
Leah Robinson AINS, CAWC, CIC, CRM
My Member Insurance Agency